What is better a party bus or limo?
When it comes to celebrating special occasions, it’s fun to arrive in style. Traditionally, limousines were everyone’s go-to when it came to choosing transportation for a wedding, prom, stag party, or bachelor/bachelorette parties. However, a plethora of options are now available to ensure that your ride more uniquely fits who you are as an individual, while also meeting the functional needs of your party. Enter the rise of the party bus.
Limos remain the gold standard for establishing a classy feel that can be essential to more formal occasions. However, party buses have their place, especially for occasions where you want a more “living it up in Vegas” vibe or logistically you need more seating.
Though society tends to categorize each form of transportation into a tiny, rigid box, there are people out there breaking the boundaries. For example, a pink limo certainly says, “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas,” while a party bus can be used for children’s birthday events and even as the best way to move a large, classy wedding party from venue to venue.
Limos: Classy is Never Out of Style
Close your eyes and picture a limo—most people will visualize the same standard details. Limos are the quintessential luxury vehicle with deep seats, roomy interiors, privacy, and often fancy booze available to drink.
It’s easy to picture rappers, Hollywood movie stars, and glad-handing politicians stepping out of one of these delegated symbols of money and power. In our cultural heritage, they will always be connected to the rich and famous. Even the first stretch limousines created by Armbruster Coaches in 1928 were used mostly to transport famous musical band leaders, such as Glenn Miller and Benny Goodman.
Trying to decide between limo or party bus for your next occasion? A look at this type of transportation’s strengths and weaknesses can be helpful in picking the perfect option:
Limo Transportation Pros
- Limos are iconic to a luxurious lifestyle, allowing riders to bask in grandeur while making an impression.
- Limos provide a great amount of privacy with tinted windows.
- Limos are cheaper than a party bus for a small group to hire.
- Limos are small enough to be cozy and intimate for small celebrations.
Limo Transportation Cons
- There’s a limited capacity of about ten passengers in a mid-sized limo.
- Limos can be perceived as overly formal, which may dampen party spirits.
- The formal nature of these vehicles can clash with the more relaxed atmosphere of certain events and weddings.
Party Bus: Put Your Hands In The Air
The biggest advantage of the party bus is just that; you get to party! This vehicle is also stylish and elegant, but with plenty of space to move around, dance and socialize with your companions.
The party bus is a suitable vehicle choice for larger parties of 14 – 30 passengers. While the hourly rate is higher than that of hiring a limousine, this rental may actually be the more affordable option because riders often split the cost, which means relatively little out-of-pocket expense for everyone.
The party bus rental provides ample room for large garments, (such as wedding attire,) and storage space for personal belongings. The available amenities and on-board technologies further enhance your party-on-the-road, for an overall exhilarating travel experience.
- Ample space and storage
- Choice of amenities & state-of-the-art technology
- Safe, secure travel for larger groups
- Easy to afford when riders split the cost of the fare
The downside of renting a party bus is…. well, there really is no downside — except that it may be more vehicle than you need if you’re traveling with a smaller group of passengers. If you don’t need as much space, the limousine is likely a better option for your needs.
Advantages of Party Buses:
- More spacious: more space for people, dancing, and other activities on a party bus.
- Can be cheaper for big groups: for a large group to rent and split up a party bus, it can be quite affordable for everyone!
- Fun amenities: Party buses offer more amenities that can include things like TVs, light shows, laser lights, fog machines, and well-stocked bars.
Disadvantages of Party Buses:
- Can be too big if your group is smaller which ends up being pricier for everyone
- Can clash with the luxurious image of a nicer event if you show up in a party bus
Consider the Number in Your Party
This is the most important thing to consider when you’re trying to choose between a party bus or limo for your transportation options.
If you have a smaller number of people — or if you’re looking to create more of an intimate experience between you and your partner — then a limo is certainly your best option.
However, if you’re transporting a larger group of people — like moving a wedding party from one wedding location to another, for example? Then it might be a much better idea for you to rent a party bus.
Consider Where You’re Going
You’ll also need to think about where you plan on ending up when you’re deciding between a limo and party bus for your night out.
If you’re being picked up at the airport, for example, then you’d likely prefer the privacy of a limo to the party atmosphere of a bus. A limo is a perfect choice for transportation to classy events or places you want to make a lasting impression.
But if you are more focused on having a good time and inviting along as many people as you can along the way, we recommend going for the unforgettable and fun experience of a party bus.
Consider the Type of Experience You’d Like To Have
Above all, you need to consider what you want your night of fun to actually look like when you’re trying to decide if you should rent a party bus or a limo.
Basically, do you want the majority of your night to take place in the bus — and will driving around in it and getting up to your tricks inside of it be the event?
Plus, how long is the drive to your destination — will you need the entertainment a party bus can offer along the way?
Or, are you more concerned about arriving in style and projecting a sleek, elegant look when you get out to go to the party? If so, a limo may be best.
Advantages of Both Party Buses AND Limos:
Here as some of the top reasons why you might want to hire a party bus:
- DUI’s: delegating the task of driving to a professional company means there is no chance you or any of your guests will be driving under the influence. You’ll be surprised by how often a DUI can ruin a great occasion.
- Warm-up: before you get to the real party you need to warm up so that you can get into the party mood. A party bus is the perfect way to do just that. A typical party bus is equipped with music, disco lighting, drinks, and comfortable seating.
- Guests arrive on time: ensuring that guests arrive on time can improve the quality of your party. If the destination is hard to find, such as in a rural area, then reserving a party bus to provide transportation is sure to impress your guests.